Herbal Abortion Database Findings
as of August 28, 2000
Information comes from women who have attempted herbal abortion, and who have taken the time, to fill out my questionnaire. I'm certain the rates of herbal abortions that ended in clinical abortion are higher than are listed here,
- 95 Women attempting to start a late period with herbs
- 37 (38.9%) of these women terminated their pregnancies via clinical abortion (herbs didn't work)
- 1 (1.1%) woman had an incomplete abortion which was ended in a clinical abortion.
- 1 (1.1%) woman herbal abortion attempt ended with a menstrual extraction.
- 56 (58.9%) of these women are successful when using herbs to start their period
- Of these women who were successful in using herbs to start their periods
- 14 (25%) of the Women were probably not pregnant
- either by a negative pregnancy test
- or based on the information provided, in my opinion they were not pregnant.
- 19 (33.9%) of the 56 women were probably pregnant
- Based on the information provided, in my opinion they were probably pregnant.
- 23 (41.1%) of the 56 women had positive pregnancy tests and were successful using herbs to terminate pregnancy.
Out of the 23 women who were successful terminating pregnancy and had a positive pregnancy test
- 16 began using the herbs at two weeks pregnant, (menstruation is due)
- 9 (56.3%) of these women were successful
- 7 (43.8%) women were not.
- 18 Women with a positive test began using the herbs during the 3rd week of pregnancy. (menstruation is 1 week late)
- 6 (33.3%) were successful. Herbs terminated pregnancy
- 12 (66.7%) were not. Herbs didn't work.
- 9 Women attempted herbal abortion starting in the 4th week of pregnancy all having a positive pregnancy test (menstruation is 2 weeks late)
- 4 Women were successful (44.4%)
- 5 Women were not and terminated their pregnancies via clinical abortion (55.6%)
- 2 Women starting their herbal abortion attempt at 5 weeks pregnant were not successful. (3 weeks late)
- 2 More women starting herbal abortion at 6 weeks pregnant also wound up at the abortion clinic. (4 weeks late)
I thought it might be interesting to note the length of time it took for the herbs to be effective during the different weeks of pregnancy for the 23 women who were successful at terminating their confirmed pregnancies herbally.
1 woman began taking herbs one week before menstruation was due, (week 1 of pregnancy) and was successful after 16 days of self-treatment. (she was the only one who took a pregnancy test)
9 of the women who were successful using the herbs and had a positive pregnancy test began self-treatment with herbs when 2 weeks pregnant.
- 4 began bleeding in 6 days (44.4%)
- 1 began in 5 days
- 1 began in 4 days
- 2 began in 3 days
- 1 began in 2 days
Out of the 9 women, 2 of them used vitamin c by itself and 5 other women used other herbs in addition to the vitamin c. One woman's choices for herbs is unknown. And one used a pennyroyal and ginger.
6 women with positive pregnancy tests, starting herbs during the 3rd week of pregnancy and who were successful.
- 1 woman began bleeding in 5 days
- 2 began in 6 days
- 1 began in 7 days
- 1 began in 10 days
- 1 began in 30 days
Out of these 6 women, 1 used vitamin c by itself, the other 5 used used a combination of vitamin c and other herbs.
4 women with positive pregnancy tests, beginning self-treatment in the 4th week of pregnancy; herbs were successful.
- 1 woman started bleeding in 3 days
- 1 began in 4 days
- 1 began in 6 days
- 1 began in 7 days
Out of the 4 women who were successful, one's choices for herbs is unknown. 1 lady from China used Dong Quai, and unripe pineapple, and the other two used a combination of vitamin c, dong quai and black cohosh.
3 women who successfully terminated a confirmed pregnancy test were not included because the weeks they were pregnant when they started self-treatment is unknown.
Please do not copy or otherwise duplicate the results of my research online, or in written format, printing for personal use is ok. Usage for school research papers is acceptable. You may link to these pages if you wish to share the results of my research.
This site © Copyright 1998 - 2008 by Sister Zeus
This page was last updated August 28, 2000