1. Bennett, Robin Rose.Summer 1994. Wild Carrot Seeds for Herbal Contraception Northeast Herbal Association Newsletter. 6,32-34p.
P.O. Box 146 Marshfield, Vt 05658.
This is an excellent article, if you are considering trying this method, defiantly get it. It has the best information available about this particular herb.
2. Kong-Yun Cheung, Jing-Xi Xie, and Paul Pui-Hay But. 1986. Fertility Regulating Agents From Traditional Chinese Medicines, Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 15:1-44.
3. Susun Weed. Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year. Ash Tree Publishing Woodstock, Ny.
4. Tiamat Uni. M. 1884. Herbal Abortion The Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge. Sage-femme! 3445 N. University, suite #120, Peoria IL 61604.
5. The Olympia Ladies Home Journal of Herbal Abortifacients. January 1993
6.Herbs for Health. Black Cohosh - A woman's herb comes of age. by Christopher Hobbs. March/April 1998 p. 38-41
7.The Wild Foods Forum. Black Cohosh - Coming home from Europe. by James Duke. Vol.9 No.3 p.8-10
8. Schulz, V., Hansel, R and Tyler,VE. 1998. Rational Phytotherapy - A Physician's Guide to Herbal Medicine. 3rd ed. 1st English Edition. Translated by Terry C. Telger. Springer Verlag, Heidelberg. p.306
9 Shaffer, Willa. 1986. Wild Yam - Birth Control Without Fear. Woodland Books, Po Box 1422, Provo, Utah 84603. $2.95
10. Gladstar, Rosemary. 1993. Herbal Healing for Women. Fireside Simon & Schuster Inc. NY NY
11. Eskenazi, Brenda, Ph.D. "Caffeine During Pregnancy: Grounds for Concern?" Journal of the American Medical Association 270(24):2973-2974, Dec.22/29, 1993.
12. "Wives Tales" Po Box 81332, San Diego, Ca 92138
13. "Hot Pantz" CP 871 Succ C, Montreal, Qc, H2L 4L6, Canada
14. Spoerke, David G., Jr. 1980. "Herbal Medinines" Woodbridge Press, Santa Barbara. pg 192.
15. Conway, George A. and John C. Slocumb. 1979. "Plants Used as Abortifacients and Emmenagogues by Spanish New Mexicans." Journal of Ethnopharacology. 1:241-261
16. Farnsworth, Norman P., et al. 1975. "Potential Value of Plants as Sources of New Antifertility Agents." Part 1. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 64(April):535-598. Part 2 64(May):717-754.
17. Gardner, Joy. 1985. Abortion ~ A personal approach. Heal Yourself Press. Seattle, WA.
Listen Up: Voices from the Next Feminist Generation 2nd Edition. Seal Press. Emeryville, Ca. pg. 112 - 117